Ground Flr, CDU Bldg
Local 8196 (Reception)
Local 8197 (Faculty)
Local 8198 (Dean)
College of Arts and Sciences
The college is made up of a wide array of academic disciplines engaged in research and teaching in the areas of Social Sciences, Physical
Sciences, Languages, Physical Education, Computer Science, Biology, and Psychology.
The student's passion for research are nurtured and developed with our modern and state-of-the-art facilities. Together with our competent and professional faculty and staff, the college produces graduates that are productive and highly skilled for the country and the rest of the world.
Bachelor of Arts in English
Major in ESL/EFL Instruction (AB English)
- A four-year academic program designed to develop and strengthen the students' proficiency in the use of English whether in verbal or written communication and correspondence by providing them with theoretical, structural, and practical knowledge of the subject and opportunities for actual exposure in various settings.
- It aims to cultivate the students' capacity to attain greater personal development and professional excellence through the formation of necessary values and attitudes that promote respect and tolerance amidst conditions of cultural, political, religious or economic diversity, thereby molding them to become socially responsible agents of national and international understanding
- The program also prepares students who intend to pursue careers or further studies in journalism, broadcast media, education, foreign service, law, research, public relations, advertising, and in other related fields of endeavor whether domestic or international
Bachelor of Arts in International Studies (AB-IS)
- American Studies
- Asian Studies
- European Studies
- A multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary academic program designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to interpret and understand global or domestic events and issues in the light of various competing national interests, international and regional alignments.
- The program covers the study of courses or subjects such as:
- Global politics, international relations and foreign policies
- public and private international law
- world history, art and cultural studies
- international economics
- public administration
- technology, race, gender and society
- comparative studies on governments and policies
- the United Nations and other international organizations
- geography, environmental and developmental studies
- world religions
- human rights, migration, globalization and other social studies
- international languages
- Providing career opportunities in various fields such as:
- Foreign Service and diplomacy
- international research
- government service
- business & administration
- education, health, hotel and tourism services
- international print or broadcast media
- humanitarian works in international NGOs, United Nations, private foundations or other similar institutions
- Graduates may also choose to pursue further studies like Bachelor of Laws (Ll.B.), Master in Advanced International Studies (M.A.I.S.) or any other relevant academic programs offered in Graduate Schools.
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (AB-Psychology)
- The AB Psychology program is designed to
- Provide the students a vast background on psychological theories and perspectives necessary in understanding human behavior.
- Develop the student's capabilities and skills required in the helping profession
- Promote social transformation by producing well-trained graduates who adhere to the code of ethics in their professional practice.
- A graduate of AB Psychology may pursue careers in
- The academe - as educators, counsellors, test administrators and/or researchers.
- Government service - as officer or personnel engaged in public relations, rehabilitation and probation, health and social welfare services, crime detection and investigation, legislative or judicial proceedings, and in many other activities requiring psychologists whether in the local, national or international level.
- Business or commercial establishments - as manager, supervisor or employee designated to perform jobs that may be related to personnel administration, advertising, customer relations, training and development works, sales and marketing, etc.
- Non-government organizations or in religious and/or charitable institutions - as a worker or volunteer in relief operations, rehabilitation of victims, humanitarian missions, training and development of human resources, etc.
- Graduates of AB Psychology may also pursue further studies like Master of Arts in Psychology or in the field of law, medicine, or in other related graduate programs.
Bachelor of Science in Biology (BS Bio)
- The CDU-CAS Bachelor of Science in Biology is a four-year program which has a Level II accreditation conferred by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU)
- The program is designed to
- Facilitate student development of meaningful insights into some fundamental characteristics of the living world and their relationship to basic human concerns.
- Stimulate human understanding of the unity of God's creation by interrelating the diverse branches of biology and all kinds of phases of life through the correct use of basic principles of science.
- Enhance students' application of scientific knowledge with the end-in-view of developing, utilizing, and conserving the natural and human resources of our country.
- Foster student sensitivity to the universal values of justice and human dignity through exposure and involvement in the realistic situations of community life among the underprivileged sectors of society.
- Career opportunities are varied and biologists may work whether as consultants, advisers, teachers, advocates, administrators, curators, technicians, employees, product developers, participants or volunteers
- For environmental protection, conservation and management
- For political, social or economic policy formulation
- In educational or research institutions
- In botanical parks, museums, zoos or aquaria
- In medical transcription or similar companies
- In commercial or industrial activities requiring knowledge of biology
- In legal or judicial proceedings and/or forensic or criminal investigations
- In pharmaceutical or health care institutions
- Graduates of BS Biology may pursue further studies in the College of Medicine or in the Graduate School.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS)
- The BSCS is a four-year academic program that aims to
- Prepare students for employment and advanced studies in Information Technology to meet the demands of the business, health, and service-oriented community as globally competent systems analysts and IT staff
- Provide an up-to-date, wide-ranged, client-centered environment, and practical education for the teaching and learning of Information Technology and its related professional ethics
- Encourage innovations, dissemination, and realization of ideas in Information Technology in order to produce graduates who are able to respond to the needs of a fast changing IT environment
- Students enrolled in the program may obtain the diploma for Associate in Computer Technology (ACT) after satisfactorily complying with all the academic requirements of the first two years of study as contained, specified or mandated in the curriculum
- graduates of BSCS have many career or job opportunities in public or private firms such as:
- System or network administrator
- Software developer
- Computer programmer
- Data base administrator
- Electronic data processing personnel
- Computer security specialist
- Information system officer
- Computer science professor
- Bioinformatics specialist
- Internet applications manager or consultant
- Multimedia developer, and
- Any other positions requiring computer-related functions
- BS Computer science graduates may undertake further trainings in many different areas of computer specialization including graduate studies like Master of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology or related academic programs
Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics (BSND)
- The BSND program aims to foster the acquisition of fundamental knowledge and the development of skills and aptitudes that will enable students to become globally competent professionals whether in the fields of public health nutrition, clinical dietetics, education, research, or management in food service industries
- It seeks to promote the development or enhancement of students' personal qualities and values that will make them responsive to the health needs, nutritional requirements, and total wellness of each individual person, family, or community, as well as capacitate them to participate and contribute to the developmental efforts of the country and the world
- The program enables BSND graduates to take the licensure examination administered by the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC)
- Among other possible opportunities, graduates of the BSND program may be able to hold duties and responsibilities as nutritionists, dieticians, administrators, teachers, consultants, volunteers, advisers or counsellors in any other similar capacities in:
- Hospitals, homes for the aged, orphanages, rehabilitation centers, community clinics or in sports or wellness institutions
- Government health, social services or military agencies
- Hotels, restaurants and pharmaceutical companies or commercial food industries
- International health or relief missions by governmental, non-governmental or charitable organizations
- Media and other public relations establishments
- Food catering services
- Research and/or product development agencies
CDU CAS envisions a dynamic college committed to the total human development and responsive to the changing demands of man and society.
CDU CAS is committed to the actualization of the holistic formation of man for life-PRIMUM HOMO ESTO.
- Develop creative, critical, and analytical thinking and to provide the student with the necessary knowledge and skills through comprehensive instruction and research
- Guide the students into becoming responsible citizens who are spiritually and morally upright, economically productive, politically and socially responsive, and ecologically conscious
For further inquiries or application, please call
Cebu Doctors' University - College of Arts and Sciences
Phone: +63(32)238-8333 local 8196