CDCN, a fully accredited college, aims to produce globally adept professional nurses who are the embodiments of the CDC identity (competent, disciplined, compassionate, socially conscious, God-centered) and above all capable of giving wholistic caring care to the well or ill.
The College of Nursing embraces the Cebu Doctors' College Motto: PRIMUM HOMO ESTO: "LET HIM FIRST BE A MAN" and commits itself to uphold the institutional mission of developing man's potentials fully as a person to improve the quality of his life and of his fellow beings, thus achieving God's plan for man; prepares nurses to assume responsibility for health promotion, disease prevention, alleviation of suffering and restoration of health of family members, neighbors, co-workers, patients/clients in any setting, in-any part of the globe, in answer to its belief, "NURSING IS WHERE PEOPLE ARE"
PHILOSOPHY:We believe in:
- education as a process of desirable change that respects the dignity and worth of the human person which is in harmony with human goals and wholesome Filipino cultural values.
- learning as self-directed development and awareness of community and world trends that unfolds the innate potentials
- nursing as the satisfaction of basic human needs which is the core of individual, family and community care, in wellness or illness.
- research as a potent means to improve care and man's quality of life.
OBJECTIVES:Its primary objective is to educate selected men and women for varied positions in nursing, who can:
- integrate concepts of the natural, social and behavioral sciences in meeting the needs of a growing person in the health-illness continuum through critical/analytical thinking, the nursing process and decision-making.
- work with clients and other professionals with a deep sense of responsibility and commitment in providing caring care in any setting utilizing the primary health care approach, effective communication and leadership skills.
- undertake research and continuing education programs for personal and professional growth.
- derive fulfillment in their functions as professionals as they reach out to the community quided by ethico-moral, spiritual and legal principles.
CDCN VALUES:We at CDCN, strive to develop and integrate these values:
- C - compassion and courtesy (good manners)
- D - dedication and discipline (sense of responsibility and accountability)
- C - competence and commitment (to God through man)
- N - neatness (in person and in work)
REQUIREMENT FOR ADMISSIONBSN-I
- A student who wishes to enrol in BSN has to:
- submit high school card and certificates of
- good moral character
- ranking - high school (Top 40%)
- take the entrance exam
- go through a personal interview
- high school rank (top 40%)
- certificate of good moral character from former Dean and Guidance Counselor
- grades in college for evaluation
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCEThe college gives financial assistance to qualified students through the following programs:
- Grant-In-Aid (GIA) - "study now pay later plan"
- FCF-CDCN Alumni Association Scholarship Program
It welcomes qualified students enjoying scholarship benefits from government and non-government organizations